Pages: 1
Posted on 06-14-17, 05:44 am

Since: 05-20-17

Last post: 1161 days
Last view: 1150 days
Redskins won’t name new GM,Josh Norman Jersey, as former QB Doug Williams ascends to Senior VP of Player Personnel

to oversee their talent evaluation department., the Washington Redskins turned to one of their most beloved former players,After three months of deliberations over the direction of their front office following the nasty divorce from General Manager Scot McCloughan, Super Bowl XXII MVP Doug Williams

Williams, helping with talent evaluation while working under team president Bruce Allen and McCloughan the last two years, now assumes the leadership role of Washington’s front office, who had worked the last four seasons as a senior executive with the Redskins, elevated to Senior Vice President of Player Personnel.

“Standing here today, I’m a real humble individual and I’m going to say something my college coach used to always say to me, and thanks to all of the fans in Washington, proudly. I’m humbled this morning. But it’s my job to lead the personnel department, and we’re going to do that with all the continuity that we have back here. So,” Williams said shortly after his introduction. “He ‘had to be the luckiest man in the world, thanks to Mr. [Dan] Snyder for giving me this opportunity,’ and that’s how I feel this morning to be in this position,Jonnu Smith Jersey, I want to say thank you to Bruce again,Authentic Jordan Reed Jersey, D.C.”

Williams’s first act was to expand Washington’s scouting department and strengthen the front office,Authentic Kirk Cousins Jersey, they announced they have elevated Eric Schaffer to Vice President of Football Operations while also expanding his duties, while promoting area scout Kyle Smith to director of college scouting, area scout Tim Gribble to a national scouting position and pro scout Richard Mann to assistant director of pro personnel under director Alex Santos. Former director of college scouting Scott Campbell now holds the title of senior executive, and the Redskins wasted no time during that. Also on Tuesday, but will continue to scout NFL draft prospects.

Allen said that he interviewed “over a dozen” candidates for the general manager opening. However, it was long expected that the Redskins would wind up promoting from within. Allen and coach Jay Gruden both said they liked how the free agency and draft planning and execution proceeded in McCloughan’s absence.

Allen said he interviewed a number of internal candidates. But it was Williams’s plan – which entailed his promotion to director of the front office and the expansion of roles for some of his coworkers and promotions for others, along with the impending additions to the scouting department – that impressed Allen the most.

” Allen said when asked why no one was awarded the official title of general manager. “People interviewed with different titles and all of that,“This was Doug’s plan, but this was Doug’s plan of wanting to develop and lead the personnel department.”

Allen further explained, being a high school [and college] coach, a high school athletic director, obviously an outstanding player, “[Williams’s] job is daily communication and leadership of the personnel department. It’s daily communication and leadership of our coaches and players. And Doug, fits the role perfectly for where we want to be as Washington Redskins.”

defensive back DeAngelo Hall.,Authentic Jonnu Smith Jersey,Authentic Taywan Taylor Jersey , Redskins coach Jay Gruden praised the move,Taywan Taylor Jersey,Jordan Reed Jersey,Kirk Cousins Jersey,Meanwhile, as did the longest-tenured members of the team
Pages: 1